Uninsured Motorist – are you covered?

It is estimated that 1 in 5 cars in Texas do not have auto insurance. What does this mean to you? What happens if someone hits you, and it’s their fault? Who pays? If you don’t have the correct coverage, then you may be stuck with the bill. It can easily be in the thousands of dollars.

If an uninsured motorist has an accident with you and it is their fault, there are 2 coverage options that are very important to you. Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage is available to pay for injuries to anyone in your vehicle. There is a per person limit available of at least $30k per person and it goes up to $250k and $60k or $500k total per accident with most carriers. This coverage can be invaluable considering the high cost of healthcare these days! The other component of uninsured motorist coverage is property damage coverage, the limit on this coverage is typically $25k – $100k and this can pay for damages to your vehicle in the event of an uninsured motorist claim. There is a $250 deductible on this coverage. Many people look around for the cheapest possible quote and don’t realize what they are risking.

The cost can vary based on many factors, however many times I have added this coverage for approx. $15 per month. I will be happy to review your policy with you to make sure you have the coverage you need. Contact us today.

This entry was posted in Coverage. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s